Beth Well, LPC
Beth is a Licensed Professional Counselor that specializes in treatment of adults and adolescents that struggle with eating disorders. Beth has been employed with Rogers Memorial Hospital and has worked in all levels of care, including inpatient, residential, and partial hospitalization, as a lead therapist, family therapist, and group facilitator for both eating disorder specific and general mental health programs.
Education & Trainings:
- Bachelors degree in Psychology
- Master's Degree in Professional Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified in ERP (exposure response prevention)
- Trainings in other modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Behavioral Activation, Motivational Interviewing (MI), Eating Disorder-specific education
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Depressive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Mood Disorders
What made you decide to go into this specialty?
I have had a few close friends throughout my life struggle with eating disorders and I myself have dealt with body image issues. I do not like to see people influenced so much by what society views as “beautiful” and/or the role appearance plays in determining our self worth and want to help find alternate ways to cope and build a sense of self-efficacy.