Anna Aufderhaar Desai, LPC
Clinic Director, Therapist
Anna is a Licensed Professional Counselor who specializes in working with individuals struggling with eating disorders. Anna was a member of the Rogers Memorial Hospital’s treatment team in higher levels of care including inpatient hospitalization, residential treatment and was the lead therapist in the Eating Disorder partial hospitalization program in Milwaukee for three years.
Education & Trainings:
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology; Minor in Biology
- Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Certified Trauma Specialist
- Completed trainings in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), ERP, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI) and BAT
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Family Systems
- Child & Adolescent work
What made you decide to go into this specialty?
Working with individuals with eating disorders has always been a challenge for me, and I tend to gravitate toward what challenges me. There is so much to consider when working with someone suffering from an eating disorder in both the medical and behavioral health aspects. I also felt that the motivation for recovery for individuals with eating disorders is different in that to be recovered means to face the very thing that is their struggle. I feel blessed that the individuals that I work with allow me to be a part of this struggle, as difficult as it is for them.