Alyssa Milsap, RD, CD
Alyssa is a Registered Dietitian who received her Bachelor of Science degree in Community-Medical Dietetics from Viterbo University in La Crosse, Wisconsin. As a coordinated program, Alyssa was able to complete her internship experience together with her coursework. She gained experience in a variety of areas including clinical dietetics, community dietetics and food service. Notably, Alyssa spent a portion of her internship working with individuals with eating disorders at Castlewood Treatment Center for Eating Disorders in St. Louis, Missouri. At Castlewood, she was able to facilitate nutritional groups and provide individual nutrition counseling. Alyssa strives to teach clients the art of mindful and intuitive eating. She works to guide clients towards building a positive relationship with food and their body.
Education & Trainings:
- Bachelors of Science in Community-Medical Dietetics (Viterbo University in La Crosse, WI)
- Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of Behavioral Health Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- In the process of obtaining Masters of Applied Nutrition (Canisius College)
- Eating Disorders including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Avoidant-Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID), Other specified feeding or eating disorder (OSFED), Binge eating disorder, and diabulimia
What made you decide to go into this specialty?
I have always had an interest in working with eating disorders and a passion for nutrition. When I learned that dietetics would allow me to combine two passions, I was sold! My internship at a residential eating disorder treatment facility really solidified that I had a passion for helping individuals navigate through a very difficult time in their life.