Kyira Wackett, MS, LPC-IT, SAC-IT
Website/Social Media Manager
Kyira oversees our social media and website. She has a strong passion to share information in our community that may not otherwise be seen and has a prime focus on making our website as accessible and resource heavy as possible. In addition to her work with us, Kyira is a public speaker and community presenter specializing in work on self esteem, values identification and fear. She owns her own business, Kinda Kreative LLC, and is the founder of the #ReclaimBeauty project.
Education & Trainings:
- Bachelors in Medical Microbiology & Immunology (UW-Madison)
- Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology with a focus on Eating Disorders (UW-Madison)
- Licensed Professional Counselor In Training (LPC-IT)
- Substance Abuse Counselor In Training (SAC-IT)
- Youth Mental Health First Aide Trainer
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing
- Honest, Open & Proud Trainer
- NAMI Wisconsin Peer Support Group Trainer
- Trainings in Trauma Focused-CBT, CBT, DBT, Interpersonal Therapy
- Eating Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Substance Use/Abuse
What made you decide to go into this specialty?
I am in recovery from an eating disorder as well as live with anxiety. In addition, I grew up with family and friends suffering with various forms of addiction and co-occuring disorder and saw the impact a committed/great therapist can make. Recovery, for me, would not have been possible without the support of others. As such, I wanted to be in a position to provide that support for others. I also hope to be able to be a voice for change in the community so that we start talking more about the impact of media, cultural norms around body image, and the way we celebrate worth and beauty both working with those suffering from these disorders as well as working upstream, directly in our community.